Am I ready to go PRO?

click to enlarge


I had been a hobbyist photographer since 2009, I’ve taken photos of my friends during their wedding, organized studio shots, and fashion photography shots with the collaboration of my ever talented friend hair and make-up artist Jonathan Paguia (http://jongsalon.blogspot.com)
Since I currently have no full time 8 hour job since June 2012, I’ve been contemplating to get serious with my hobby and become a professional photographer. Here are 5 questions to help decide if I’m going to professional is the best move for me.

1.)    Am I expecting, willing and able to work from 9 to 5?
Yes because I enjoy the work, I sometimes lose track of time. Passion with commitment is professionalism.
2.)    Can I work on Sundays, holidays and other days when necessary?
Yes when necessary, my husband is a very supportive one and I am also  supportive to his job.
3.)    Can my ego take the subjective of photography?
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”.I would take the criticism constructively and be humble enough to accept this and find ways to improve.
4.)    Am I aware that there are no standard rates for photography?
Yes I notice that other photographer’s price vary with the specific needs or requirements of the client including their overhead expenses. But for me I work freelance so I won’t have to worry of overhead cost, so I will not over charge my client. Besides referral and word of mouth is very important for me.  
5.)    Am I willing to work even when I am not in the mood?
I choose to become a PRO and part of this is to deliver results even when I’m not in the mood, but actually it’s just paradigm shift, a mind setting. I choose a career I love to work, and means I will never work at all.  

I have answered all the questions with YES, then embrace this profession and be a PRO. The journey will be difficult and quite challenging, but the work becomes rewarding once I have covered both the business and creative side of the job.
click to enlarge

click to enlarge
outdoor fashion photoshoot

click to enlarge
outdoor fashion photoshoot

click to enlarge
studio photoshoot 

click to enlarge
Pre-nup and wedding photo coverage

click to enlarge
outdoor concept Photoshoot

click to enlarge
outdoor concept Photoshoot

click to enlarge
studio photoshoot
click to enlarge
Debut coverage

click to enlarge
fashion photography workshop

click to enlarge
Pre-nup photoshoot

click to enlarge
outdoor photoshoot

click to enlarge
outdoor photoshoot

click to enlarge
outdoor photoshoot

Comments

  1. Go for it Sarah! It's like hitting two birds with one stone. Doing the things you love and getting paid for it!

    Pa discount lang if magpa cover kami ha. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A trip to D' Bone Collector Museum Inc.

Buffet Restaurants in Davao City

NUSTAR Convention Center: Elevating Event Experiences in the Island of New Celebrations